Wader Safety Tips – Don’t get lost in the river ?>

Wader Safety Tips – Don’t get lost in the river

When you are on the water, wader safety is crucial. More than two thousand people drown in rivers in North America every year. 60% of the people that die in rivers are swept away and drowned. The other 40% are trapped under logs or undercuts and die. The lack of understanding of your environment, your equipment, your own ability, and poor decision making. 90% of the injuries on rivers happens within 10 feet of the shoreline. And yes, It can…

Read More Read More

Simms G3 Guide Stockfoot 2015 Review ?>

Simms G3 Guide Stockfoot 2015 Review

The first thing you notice when putting them on is how well they fit, “tailored” even. There is no excess material to rub up against itself while you are walking, and they feel like you are wearing just a pair of trousers. The bottom part of the waders covering your legs are made up of 5 layers of a new GORE-TEX fabric called GORE-TEX Pro Shell which is a very advanced and durable fabric. Then the part from the crotch…

Read More Read More

How to Find the Right Size of Waders and Wading Boots ?>

How to Find the Right Size of Waders and Wading Boots

  Wader sizes can be sourced on either the overall body size or foot size. While keeping them dry and keeping you warm are the first two priorities for a pleasant day out on the water, having the right fit of waders can be the third priority. You must know that if your waders don’t fit right, you will not only feel uncomfortable but also feel tired much easier, that can then lead to a possible wading mishap. Unsuitable fit…

Read More Read More

Good Practices to Take Care of Your Waders ?>

Good Practices to Take Care of Your Waders

A reliable pair of waders is an essential piece of gear out in the cold water. Make no mistake in using them, however, for they aren’t cheap. Basically, premium waders these days come at $800 upwards. Hence, it really makes sense to take good care of them. Certainly, all waders will wear out. But through proper care, this can help you get the most of them. Even if you only use your waders once in a while, they need to…

Read More Read More

Three Styles of Waders and the Different Wader Materials ?>

Three Styles of Waders and the Different Wader Materials

Waders are significantly waterproof boots which expand up to your legs, hips and chest. There are a few different wader materials and styles on the market. Depending on their projected use, waders provide various levels of boot sole styles, insulation levels and coverage. Fly fish waders are a vital part of any fly fisherman kit to make certain their fishing experience will be a memorable and pleasant one. Based on the depth of the water you’ll be wading in and…

Read More Read More

Orvis Silver Sonic Convertible-top Waders review ?>

Orvis Silver Sonic Convertible-top Waders review

This is the winner of Field & Stream’s Best of the Best award 2013 and this pair of waders from Orvis really takes a couple of steps in the right direction. Orvis Silver Sonic Convertible-top waders has taken the market by storm and they feature: Orvis SonicSeam technology 4-layer nylon outer fabric Innovative suspension system easily converts the waders to waist-highs without removing suspenders Anatomically correct neoprene booties for additional comfort Flip-out interior waterproof pocket with touchscreen capabilities for smartphones…

Read More Read More

Simms Headwaters Waders ?>

Simms Headwaters Waders

The Headwaters waders is one of Simms more affordable products with a price of $350 and promises good quality, comfort and weather protection. They are made in USA and features 3 layers of GORE-TEX fabric and a abrasion resistant material for more durable built-in gravel guards. They are infact a pair of very lightweight waders which makes them easy to handle and offers good comfort. This will make them a good choice for the times when you can’t reach the…

Read More Read More